How to Fix the Problem of ASUS Upside Down Webcam
Many guys are distressed by the webcam for their webcam displays upside down image after they have Windows 7 upgraded on their ASUS laptop, this problem may drive them crazy if they don't know how to fix it. If you have the same webcam upside down issue, here I offer the solutions:
1. Modify WebCam setting
You might be Mirroring Vertical in WebCam Settings, you need to modify your webcam setting so that webcam upside down can be solved. To see if your camera software has a option to flip/adjust camera frames, and do as the following:
- Choose: options video Capture Filter.
- Check the settings for "Vertical Flip" and change it.
2. Download a Webcam Driver
You can download the latest Webcam Driver to solve webcam upside down problem. Go to the ASUS support site and download the Webcam Driver corresponding to your hardware PID and install it. Here is the guide for how to install your Webcam Driver:
- Right click "My Computer", and click "Device manager".
- Find your camera and right click, select "update driver software".
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Select Have disk and then browse to your folder with the driver then hit on it.
- Now finish the installation, just test the camera.
3. Update Webcam Driver with Driver Detective
If you can not find the right ASUS Webcam Driver, or not sure about which model you should download, use Driver Detective to help you download the Webcam Driver automatically to solve webcam upside down issue. Driver Detective is professional in downloading drivers including ASUS Drivers.
Here is the guide for how to update Webcam Driver with Driver Detective:
- Free download Driver Detective , install and run it.
- A few seconds later, it will show you a scan summary.
- click to automatically download and install the the latest ASUS Webcam Driver.
4. Edit Windows Registry
To solve webcam upside down issue, you can edit Windows Registry by following steps:
- Click the "Start" menu.
- Select "Run".
- In Open box type "regedit" and click "OK".
- Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Sunplus SPUVCb VIDEOPROCAMP.
- Change VFlip value to 1.
Hope these methods can help you fix the webcam upside down problem. Good luck. :)